The Extensive Reading Foundation are pleased to announce the WINNERS of the ERF Vietnam Book Lottery 2018.
Attendees at any of the ER talks and workshops this summer were eligible to win two US$1000 prizes or six US$500 of books for their institution (not for personal use). Over 370 people applied from dozens of institutions all over Vietnam. And the winning institutions (thanks to their students or staff who applied for them) are …
Ho Chi Minh University of Education
University of Languages and International Studies (ULIS VNU) (Hanoi)
Ha Tinh University
Can Tho University
Thang Long University
1. The person the ERF will contact will be the most well-known to the ERF at the winning institution and may not have been the person who won the books for their school. We will contact this person to ensure a smooth and efficient expediting of these prizes, to get postal information and suchlike.
2. No negotiation of these prizes will be entered into and no further prizes will be offered.
3. The ERF declare that the winners were chosen in a fair and random way bearing in mind taking into account geographical distribution and responses that indicated that the books would be used effectively.
4. The ERF will source these books in Vietnam with the help of local staff and the books will be shipped as soon as possible. The award will be books less the cost of shipping.
5. Winners who accept these prizes do so under several conditions. If these institutions do not agreed to the conditions, the prize will be awarded to another institution. The conditions are as follows.
After being contacted, the winner(s) will write a short report to:
a) indicate what levels of books and the type of students they need and the ratio of such by levels so the ERF can purchase them. (e.g. 30% beginner, 30% elementary, 40% Intermediate teenager learners).
b) state where the books will be stored and kept secure (e.g. put them in a library or some secure location to avoid loss of the books).
c) explain how the institution will use the books, in which classes and for which students.
d) appoint a contact person for the ERF to negotiate with regarding delivery and follow-up.
If the ERF is satisfied with the response, the books will be sent as soon as possible.
After the books have been received, the winning institutions further agree to:
e) write up a short report for the ERF website about the use of these books within 2-3 months of receipt of the books. The institution will send video or picture evidence of their use.
f) display or show their ER classes to others (if they make a reasonable request) with these books in use.
g) allow an ERF representative to see the library of books on our next visit to the institution.