Congratulations to the publishers who have one or more finalists for the annual Language Learner Literature Awards! The purpose of the awards is to encourage even better graded reading material as well as to help establish “language learner literature” as a valid and authentic genre of literature.
Click on the graphic to view a larger version.
Despite travel restrictions and teachers being busier than ever with their online work, the ERF has made considerable progress in 2021! Here is a bulleted list of topics mentioned in the full report, which you can download here.
- The Language Learner Literature Awards were announced online instead at a physical event.
- The ERF Annotated Bibliography now has over 800 searchable entries.
- In conjunction with IERA and the U.S. Embassy, we have completed a series of workshops and webinars.
- New websites have been created collecting links to free material.
- ERAW-2021 was a great success and more is in store with ERAW-2022.
- The ER-MOOC has started with participants from 8 countries.
- MReader is being updated for better convenience and functionality.
- Our publisher/sponsors have all stayed on board for another year.
- We are growing more branches (affiliates) including Mongolia (MERA) and TERA (Thailand).
- We conducted our tri-annual elections resulting in a slight change in the Executive Board membership.