The activities of the Extensive Reading Foundation directly and indirectly benefit book publishers and book sellers in numerous ways. Sponsorship is the main way that you can help the ERF bring its message concerning the effectiveness of the “”ER approach” to teachers and school administrators around the world.
- We conduct the annual “Language Learning Literature Awards” which recognizes the best newly published graded readers in multiple categories.
These awards are made to encourage the production of better graded readers, the main source of learning material for extensive reading. Winners and Finalists may post the Winner/Finalist seal next to titles in their catalog, use the in advertisements, conference exhibits or even print them on the covers of the books.
- We administer the MReader quiz system, which currently has more than 100,000 student users worldwide.
A clickable logo for each supporter is placed on the “splash page” of the site, the size in proportion to the amount of the contribution. Adverts are also included on each teacher’s class page selected randomly from the current pool.
- We continually add data to our annotated bibliography of works on Extensive Reading, which now contains some 600+ entries.
- We sponsor speaking tours of countries where the Extensive Reading Approach is on the uptake. In 2018, we have sponsored or co-sponsored, three speaking tours in Vietnam, and one in Indonesia.
- We supply small grants to schools in 3rd world countries in order to establish a graded reading program.
- We maintain a list of all currently known books used for ER, both “graded readers” and native-speaker “youth readers” with statistics on level, page length, etc.
- We conduct a biennial “Extensive Reading World Congress“, the next of which will be held in Taichung, Taiwan in August of 2019.
- We maintain relationships with, and foster new, national ER associations, which may upon petition, become affiliates of the Extensive Reading Foundation
- We provide information and resources for starting up and promoting ER.
- We have created multilingual “Extensive Reading Guides“, currently available in 11 languages.
- We maintain a web presence via our own website, http://erfoundation.org as well as on FaceBook and YouTube
Please note that no reference to ERF support is made when making decisions on the Annual Language Learner Literature Awards. All publishers receive equal consideration regardless of whether they are a sponsor or not.
Contact treasurer-at-erfoundation.org for information about sponsorship opportunities.